Plum & Rosemary Lamb Shanks
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- WM Meats Lamb Shanks
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 375mls chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plum sauce or jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Toss shanks in flour to coat
- In a large casserole dish heat 1 tbs oil on high, cooks shanks until browned and transfer to a plate
- Reduce heat to medium, heat remaining oil
- Add onion, rosemary & thyme, cook until onion is tender. Add wine & simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, sauce & jam. Add shanks.
- Bring to the boil, cover the dish.
- Put in oven & bake for 1 hour.
- Uncovered the dish & continue to cook for 30-40 minutes.
(Serves 2 people)