Moroccan Braised Lamb Neck Chops
- Tray of WM Meats Lamb Neck Chops
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 120gms green olives
- 1/2 lemon, rind coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish over high heat, add lamb neck in batches and brown. Remove lamb & set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, stir occasionally over low-medium heat until caramelized.
- Add celery- sauté until it just begins to soften, then add spices and stir until toasted and fragrant.
- Return lamb to the pan, add olives, lemon & 500ml water. Cover & cook in oven until meat falls from the bones (2.5hours).
- Serve with mashed potato
(Serves 4-6 people)