BBQ Beef Brisket
- WM Meats whole beef brisket
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp EACH black pepper, onion powder, mustard powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place Rub in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Rub all over WM Meats brisket with your hands. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes – 24 hours in the fridge.
- Combine BBQ Sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix then add the brisket – squish it in if needed.
- Slow cook in slow cooker for 8 hours (1.5kg) to 10 hours (2 kg).
- Remove brisket onto a tray.
- Pour liquid in slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium high heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency (it thickens more as it cools).
- Meanwhile, drizzle brisket with oil then roast in a 200C/390F oven for 15 minutes until brown spots appear. Remove then baste generously with Sauce, then return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and baste again, then return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until it caramelises.
TO SERVE: Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve with remaining BBQ Sauce. This is terrific served as a meal with sides or piled high onto rolls with Coleslaw as sliders.